Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One of those days

I found this blog today. Honest Mom. There is so much to it. It is amazing. She tells it like it is and seems to have no fear to tell her story. At times, I felt like I was reading about myself. And it is nice, no - more like...comforting, no - hmm, not sure how to describe this feeling, to know that I am not alone. Others go through what I go through. Have the same struggles from time to time.
 
When I had the idea to start this little blog, I struggled with a name. I wanted it to be a quilting and sewing blog and felt the name should fit that. But I wasn't really into the craft yet so I put it out there on my facebook page for ideas. To my surprise, that is how I got the name. An old friend suggested it. I thought...how perfect. Putting the Pieces Together. That was what I would be doing after all...sewing fabric together. But it also left the door open to make it about more. About life, kids, work, love.
 
Isn't that what life is about anyways...putting all the pieces together?
 
Like tonight. I sat on my computer reading blogs, and procrastinated basting my latest project. My anxiety was high. I bought a fabric this morning that I have never worked with. It is a super soft fleece-like fabric. What if I do it wrong and mess up the project? I am sure it will be fine, but it is taking that giant (ok, not so giant, but it sure feels that way to me right now) leap into something new.
 
So here I am, quilting away (except on anxiety filled nights like tonight) and trying to put the pieces of my private life together. I guess I thought that by this point in my life they would be together. Will they ever be together? Are your pieces together? I have shared a small amount about my family here. Only a few pictures of my kids. And yet there is so much more to me. And so many more pieces that I am still trying to figure out. Will I be able to step out of my box and share more, like Honest Mom does or will I stick with my pieces of fabric? Only time will tell. 
 
After feeling pretty defeated, I am obviously back on my computer (I seem to hide in front of it often) and sharing with you a little more about me and my thoughts. Is this even something that you want to read, or should I just stick with my sewing projects?

Yup.
 
And this too...
 
 
I miss it.
 
 
 
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment