Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Comma

I am excited to share with you that I completed the top of my first quilt for my Great Strides/Joshua's Angels project!!  You can look here if you don't know what it is.
 
 
Now I need to figure out what to do for the backing and the binding...
 
And it is here that I ask for your help!!
 
Backing: 
 
I originally wanted to use mini chevron in orange, but the border is Kona Bone (it matches the Comma collection perfectly)... I don't want to combine bone with the white of the chevron.  What do you think?
 
After a trip to my local fabric store to get my Kona Bone, and hunting for an orange fabric to back it with (no luck), I thought maybe I could find yardage of the Comma Nigella - Multi online. (It is the tiny little square of fabric on the bone below).  I love how it has all the colors. But I kind of wanted to bring in a different print. Definitely hoping to go with something orange.
 

 I need your help.
 
I am don't know what to do.
 
I find that the Comma collection doesnt really go with flowers. I could maybe do a polka dot but I will run into the white issue again.  Is it really an issue?  Would you use bone and white in the same quilt, one on the front and on on the back?
  
Binding:
Then there is the binding.  I haven't given it much thought yet because I have been too worried about the backing. Sigh.
 
What do you think about a black print? But again, I run into the same thing with most having white in them rather than the bone color.
 
So there is my problem...
I am such a perfectionist.  And I am finding even more so with this quilt since I plan on selling it.  I want it to be perfect (as perfect as I can get for it only being my 5th quilt ever).  So I beg you..
 
Yes, I am down on my knees begging...
 
Please, please help me.
 
Can you give me any suggestions as to what you would use?
 
Thank you so much.
 
Linking up...
 
IMG_6373

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I would bind in orange, simply because that is what I would want to pop out. If you could find a floral with those colors, I think it would be great for the back. Best wishes choosing!

    ReplyDelete