Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Wow, I can't believe it is a new yr already.  Oh how time flies. 

I have many hopes for this year.  I always do but have never really written them down before.  It will be interesting to look at this post a yr from now and see how many I was actually able to achieve. 

1.  My boys quilts...I want to have them done.  My daughters will have to wait until she has a big bed. 
2.  Get rid of (sell) my extra scrapbooking things.  I have way to much unopened stock and it will allow for more storage of my sewing things. 
3. New floors in my house.  The rugs I have are just plan disgusting.  And new paint on my walls.  Its been six yrs of the same colors...time for a change.  

They don't have to be in that order. Hehe

Oh I could write a book about all the things I hope to do this year.  But I figure if I am realistic maybe I will get them to come true.  

Guess what I made!!!  Pillowcases.  Real simple, I know.  They were so quick, it was great.  And boy were the kids excited to see them done so fast.  I only made two because they are flannel and my younger son is a sweatball (lol) at night.  I have to keep flannel away unless it is super, duper cold.  And besides that, the day I bought the fabric, they really didn't have any that 'fit' him.  I even got enough fabric to make a sheet to match for my daughter.  She only has one top sheet for her toddler bed, and you can't buy top sheets for them so I figured...why not make one.  


Aren't they cute?

I may had a little rick rack, but I have to go buy some first.  I wanted to get this posted because I haven't posted in a while.  And I am soooo behind on reading blogs I love.  I just haven't had the time, between Christmas, sewing, trying to digital scrapbook again, and cleaning...things around here never stop.

Hope you had a great holiday, no matter what you celebrate.  Thanks for reading my blog!

Here's to lots more sewing projects!

I've linked up with Sew Much Ado and Quilt Story.
 

2 comments: