Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Good Year

So I am not going to do a post about my finishes in 2013 because I don't have too many and you have probably seen them too much already. But I am very excited to have completed 4 quilts, 32 coasters (I have yet to show you those so they will be in this post. hehe).  There are 3 more quilts in the works also. Two of which are really close to completion.
I do wish to share my goals for 2014 with you. There are a lot of them. Let's see how many I can accomplish.  Some are sewing related, some home related.
  1. Clean out clutter. (Am off to a great start with this already)
  2. Home upgrades: floors, heater, paint, interior doors, bath remodel, quilting/scrapping space redo (I am sure this list will grow, got to get ready to sell our place in 2015! Yay) 
  3. Break out my new darning foot and finish my 50th Anniversary quilt.
  4. Finish Little Man's quilt
  5. Finish my oldest's quilt
  6. Great Strides Walk to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis is in May. I would love to make 4 quilts this year to auction and sell with all profits donated to CFF.
  7. Create a quilt label for Angel Quilts and find out about protecting the name or if someone already has it.
  8. Train for and run a marathon.  Hopefully the local one in November.
Well, I think that is plenty. I'm sure I will add more as the year goes on.
Now to share my coasters with you!
I used this tutorial I found on Lori's blog, Bee In My Bonnet. I just love her blog. I knew they would be perfect gifts for the kids teachers. And the kids thought so too.  I had bought two charm packs of Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics, (love, love this line) and knew it would be perfect. The kids picked out which pieces they wanted for each set and for which teacher. The rest was up to me.
 It was so nice to see them work together. They didn't fight over even one piece! Which is truly a miracle when it comes to my kids.
When I was a kid, we had one teacher, but these guys have a teacher, or two and a paraprofessional (or two) and one has a 'grandparent'. So that makes for 7 sets of coasters. Wow. So when my oldest asked to make a set for the translator that works with a boy in his class, I was more than happy to oblige. What was one more set?
 That's a lots of sets of coasters!  There are two extra stacks of squares on that table. With the left over fabric, I was able to pick some for a set for me and even one more. (Those two sets didn't get made yet. I was way too tired.) Hmm, something to add to the list of to dos.
And lots of sewing. I really should have started this sooner.  I have two days. Once I started there was no turning back.
 Tops are finally done and now it is time to add the backings. I stayed up till 4am to finish these. I was exhausted but it was all worth it.
These next pictures are from my cell, so they aren't great quality.

I love them!!!


1 comment:

  1. those coasters are awesome :D The colours are great. It would be a fairly easy project for kids to do as well!