Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Around the Block

I can finally post about this lovely quilt! We had a baby shower at my work for our co-worker and her husband and beautiful baby girl on Monday. It took me only four days to make this quilt. I am so excited to share it with you so enough words...lets get to the pictures. Warning: There are a lot of them!
 
Day 1:
 
 
I am sorry for not so great picture. It's a cell phone pic.
 
I cut and pieced the top in one day. A first for me. It was a super easy pattern. I found it here via pinterest.
 
Day 2:
 
 
I usually spray baste. But this time I ran out of spray adhesive about a 1/4 of the way through. So then I pulled out my safety pins. Ran out of those too. So I packed up my daughter and we ran out to the dollar store. Why? I am not sure. I guess because it was close. I will never make that mistake again. The pins kept on bending on me. Shrug. Oh well...I got through it.
 
 
Day 3:
Quilting
I had seen a couple of quilts with a big target looking quilted pattern on them and thought this would be perfect for this quilt. So I gave it a try. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it.
 
 
 
 
Two more cell phone pics, sorry.
But I really love the way it came out.
 
 
Day 4:
Binding
In a lovely Kona solid, I wish I knew which color. Sorry. It is the same solid on the top of the quilt.
 
 
 
Had to wait a few days for some sun to take some pictures outside.
 
 
 
 
 
I really, really love this quilt. Part of me didn't want to even give it away, but a beautiful little girl, born 6 or so weeks early will love it. And hopefully have it for a long time. It measures approximately 51 inches x 51 inches. Only thing missing is a label. I will hand embroider one and then add it to the quilt.
 
Hope you like it! The baby's Mom and Dad do!
 
I'm linking up today too!
 
 
IMG_6373
 
and
 
Fresh Poppy Design
 
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Aww how very pretty!! I love that you used a big spiral for quilting, so cute! Love the colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is simply fun! What a great way to show off some fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great...especially for 'eyeballing' it! =) Love the pink and orange.

    Visiting from Show & Tell. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete